Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Humayun Tomb - a major tourist attraction?

After visiting few tombs, I have realized I am not enchanted by them anymore. All of them more or less gives me the same feeling. However, Humanyun tomb had a museum too inside the structure in a separate building but I could not much appreciate that.














The structure I am going to show below has an intriguing story. When in some battle, soldiers had taken shelter under a rock in a hole, a spider had built a silver web on the opening of the hole and hence were not caught by the enemies. It was later solidified like below.


One of the interesting fact was, all of us could not much remember the history of family of Humayun and thought would rely on writings on various cemented walls.

We could make out that Humayun was grandfather of the great Emperor Akbar. Guess what, at the same time someone asked me who built Taj Mahal and I was so much into Akbar that I replied Akbar and all had a good laugh.

However me and my family clicked lot of photograps happily.










BTW we passed by the India Gate on our way to the tomb and captured few clicks of that too.



I found this interesting link http://www.delhicapital.com/monuments-in-delhi/humayun-tomb.html

No comments:

Post a Comment