Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Chimney climbing Vs Life!

It may sound weird when I compare chimney climbing/rappelling or rock climbing with our own lives but there are striking resemblances. When I tried rappelling, there was a minor accident and I had circled around the rock and fell back on the top but was pretty safe and then I was so scared that the guide had to actually cajole me to do again and I was good. Now there are many situations wherein we face minor setbacks and need to regain momentum either from the virtue of self-motivation or a guide (in case you are lucky to have one). I rely more on self-motivation. This activity was actually very enriching wherein I learnt to take care of myself. No amount of external support could help us until we help ourselves and when we help ourselves we tend to get unforeseen support from unforeseen sources/forces.
[Everything looks far unless you try it yourself]



The next activity was chimney climbing on the same day or 3rd March 2012. It required participants to lift their own weight by properly balancing themselves with the help of legs on a wall while resting their bum on the opposite wall. Absolutely thrilling! I remember I moved little up and asked the guide if I could come back to which he immediately replied 'Going up is easy, coming down is hard'. Same do I feel in life. When we start taking little steps towards our dreams we raise ourselves and then enter into risky situations wherein all of a sudden expectations rises sky high but then we cannot come down and be again the unknown self. Similar is the suggestion given by Lord Krishna to Arjuna in Bhagavad Gita when he said "You can't run away from the battle ground else you would be demeaned by future generations, highly against your current dignity". Who would want this? Lord also said that only lucky people get the opportunity to be part of such wars.  Every war/obstacle is an opportunity indirectly, depends on the way we take it. I need to imbibe this. [Sorry, no photos here]
Next activity was boulder climbing. A relatively hefty man was not able to climb up :) or rather take the first step  to get the grip of the boulder. The guide said, taking the first step is most difficult. He also guided by saying there are different points in the boulder which are better for a good grip and balance ourselves while climbing up. He said keep finding those points and move up. Easy to be correlated to our life. We cannot move in the same way as the world is changing very fast and we should be able to go with it else I would categorize the person to be highly incompetent. We should be able to find those points which can really help us with our dreams. I think I am myself learning while writing, hehe!
[I climb up as the guide in red T-shirt watches]



After all these laborious activities we were happy to have a water activity which certainly was not fun for me as I don't know swimming :(

We were served lunch and after a break we were sent out for trekking. I rested wherever possible.
All in all the day turned out to be very insightful and enriching.



No comments:

Post a Comment