Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Aananya's first birthday - an year of motherhood!

I successfully completed a year of motherhood this past August 22nd. It has absolutely been a thrilling experience so far and has also brought tons of maturity in how I handle day to day life activities. This past one year has been full of emotional ups and downs and each day pushed my tolerance and acceptance levels higher. It would have been completely impossible for me to accept the way I am now two years before.

This change could also be due to the fact that I have taken a break from my day job for the past 6 months. Though it makes me irritable to handle repetitive household activities daily but also provides an opportunity to see a kid growing up. It has been an enormous learning phase for me. It encourages me to possibly write a blog on advantages of taking a maternity break.
My observation skills are at its peak. The greatest observation is a kid doesn't shy away from doing anything whereas a grown up would, thinking what would others think of it. There are few must have traits as we grow up but we tend to loose them. No wonder there is a saying "Keep the child within you alive".

There is also a strange behavior that comes along with motherhood to me, FEAR! When I am with the baby and even if there is a slightest risk involved I tend to restrict myself from going ahead. e.g going out when there is slightest of lightning :) I was not like this before, not sure if this feeling is temporary and would go away soon. But at the same time, I sometimes think that mind makes excuses not to do things making baby as the source of excuses.

I would give rest to my pouring emotions now and let pictures convey the celebration. I had decided to give dedicated time to baby for an year before I jump back to my work schedule and that is happily over now!















No comments:

Post a Comment